Lab: Biodiversity — Microbiology
The theme of this lab is microbiology, a very broad topic that covers viruses, bacteria, archeans, and the majority of protists.
- Explore and report on a specific kingdom of â€œmicroorganisms.â€
- Develop and present a virtual poster to be presented at your classâ€ online virtual presentation session.
This lab should take four hours to complete.
Recording Your Observations:
Click here to download the lab report for this lab, where youâ€ll record your hypotheses, observations, and conclusions.
- Visit http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/exhibits/historyoflife.php History of Life on Earth, University of California, Berkeley Museum of Paleontology. Click the diagram of the three domains, and then follow to the Systematics link for a group you desire to begin researching for this lab.
- Visit a number of websites (a few starters are listed below) that deal with the great diversity, and biological, ecological and economic impact of microorganisms to life on earth and human society. Gather (and cite!) information and images to allow you to prepare a poster or PowerPoint presentation.
- In your poster or PowerPoint presentation, you will need to detail the classification of the group of creatures you are detailing.
- Required elements include: the time of first occurrence, fossil record (if any), economic and societal impact of the group, and its evolutionary importance (for example the green algae are not terribly important save as a stem group for the evolution of plants).
http://www.tolweb.org/tree/ Tree of Life Web Project. Maintained by scientists and collaborators, this site organizes over 5000 web pages about the classification and relationships of the domains and other taxonomic groups.
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/ Links for Systematics. This site compiles many links to aid your research.
Submit your completed lab to the Lab: Microbiology assignment link for grading. For more information on how this lab will be graded, please review the rubric in the lab report form linked above.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post 8-03-Lab-Microbiology-biology-homework-help appeared first on Custom Nursing Help.
"Are you looking for this answer? We can Help click Order Now"